"When you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near."
- Luke 21:31
No one can tell us with certainty what tomorrow’s weather will be except the one who causes it – God – but by listening to the weather report or looking at the sky, people use their eyes and their brains to at least make an educated guess about tomorrow’s weather. Likewise, no one can tell us with certainly when the exact timing of Jesus’ return will be except the one who will cause it to happen – God the Father (Mt. 12:36) – but by listening to the right world news sources, people can use their eyes and their brains to at least make an educated guess about how close we are to the return of Jesus Christ. Jesus said that when you see certain things begin to happen, "look up and lift up your heads, for your redemption draws near," and "when you see them happen the kingdom of God is near" (Luke 21:28,31). Jesus and Paul both taught that the proper way to wait for His return is to therefore be watchful, ready and sober (Matthew 24:42-44,25:13; 1 Th. 5:6).
The apostle John wrote that when Jesus appears we who believe in Him shall become like him, and everyone having this hope in Him purifies himself (1 John 3:2,3). He also wrote that the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy (Revelation 19:10). So two benefits of studying Bible prophecy and comparing it to world events are personal purification and a better understanding of Jesus. Besides, in 1 Th. 4:18 Christians are commanded to encourage each other with words about the return of Christ. Hebrews 10:24,25 says that as we should regularly meet to encourage one another, especially as we see the Day of Jesus’ return approaching.
Although we cannot say with certainty how today’s events are related to Bible prophecy, it is unwise to ignore them. Following are 10 for your consideration:
1. Wars and rumors of wars
“And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom.” (Matthew 24:6,7a) Since World War II, many countries have been building up massive arsenals of conventional and nuclear weapons. The potential for war grows day by day. In addition to potential nuclear war, we have war on terror, water wars, weather wars, Albert Pike's Three World Wars, angel wars, and transhuman wars. See also Wars and Rumors of Wars.
2. Famines, Pestilence, Earthquakes
“And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.” (Matthew 24:7b,8). Due to flooding and droughts, world food supplies are running very low. Many people are expecting a global food shortage and famines in many places.
In 2007, the World Health Organization (WHO) issued a warning that infectious diseases are emerging more quickly and spreading faster around the globe than ever before, and they are becoming increasingly difficult to treat. The UN said in its 2007 annual world health report that an outbreak or epidemic in one part of the world can easily threaten billions of people in other parts due to large numbers of modern day air travelers.
Regarding earthquakes, scientific data does show that we have been seeing a large increase in seismic activity. According to a number of scientists, another star or large planet is affecting the sun's magnetic field, which is also affecting the earth's magnetic field - both the core and the ionosphere. The north pole is shifting at an accelerated pace, and the earth seems to be expanding. Thus, we should see a continual increase in earthquakes and volcanic activity in coming years. Stan Deyo follows earth changes very closely. He's a scientist and has written a lot on the subject. His web site covers numerous topics related to changes in the world today.
3. Deceivers who claim to follow Jesus
And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name saying that I am the Christ and will deceive many.” Mt. 24:4,5
At the end of the Church Age many people will be claiming that Jesus is the Christ, yet their teaching will deceive many. They will teach ideas that are contrary to the Bible. Perhaps the majority of professing Christian teachers in the world today fall into this camp, as most have fallen away from sound Biblical teachings and instead place traditions of men and/or the goal of increasing church attendance figures above the authority of the Bible. Some are subtle, and some are blatant. Sincere followers of Jesus should come out of these wayward institutional churches and seek to fellowship with people who follow and teach what Jesus and His apostles did. If you are unsure about your current church or fellowship, see Should I stay in my church or leave?
(If you are wondering why three additional commas were not included in the Scripture above, see Note on commas in the text of Mt. 24:4,5.)
4. People of Israel return to their land
“Thus says the Lord GOD: 'Surely I will take the children of Israel from among the nations, wherever they have gone, and will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel.’ ” (Ezekiel 37:21,22).
- During the last 126 years Jews from 108 nations have migrated to the land of Israel.
- In 1882 the first wave of modern immigration to Israel started as Jews fled persecution, or followed the Socialist Zionist ideas of Moses Hess. From 1882 to 1919 around 75,000 Jews immigrated to Palestine, mostly from Russia. They bought land from Ottoman and individual Arab landholders and established agricultural settlements. During this period the Hebrews language was revived, newspapers and literature were published in Hebrew and political parties and workers organizations were established.
- In 1917 during World War I, the British government in its Balfour Declaration supported plans for a ‘national home’ for the Jews in their promised land. Later, the Ottoman Empire (Turkey) lost control of the Middle East. This made it possible for hundreds of thousands more immigrants to arrive from Europe. Anti-Semitism drove most there. Many more would have come had it not been for Arab protest and resulting British restrictions on immigration.
- During World War II, the Nazis killed around 6 million Jews in the Holocaust, so it became clear to the Jews that they needed a homeland. Many Holocaust survivors immigrated illegally to Palestine. When the British pulled out of Palestine in May 1948, the state of Israel formally declared its independence. It was immediately recognized by the USA, followed by Guatemala, Nicaragua & Uruguay. A few days later, the Soviet Union, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and South Africa did the same. No Arab states have ever recognized Israel, but several have attacked them. However, Israel has successfully defended itself against numerous Arab attacks. As a result, Jews throughout the Middle East have also been forced to immigrate to Israel, and the nation has grown strong. It has turned a desert into an agricultural success, and it’s technology industry exports cutting edge innovations.
- Today, Israel's population is over 7 million, including around 267,000 who live in Judea and Samaria (sometimes called the West Bank) and 180,000 in East Jerusalem. In 2008, Israel will celebrate it’s 60 anniversary in the face of Arabs who hate it and want to ‘wipe it off the map’. It is still mostly a secular state, but it has a growing percentage of Orthodox Jews.· Today, the Aliyah immigration movement continues to embrace Jewish newcomers, help them become a part of communities and help them learn Hebrew.
- Tough US Economy is Promoting Aliyah (Prophecy Today, July 9, 2008)
- See also Israel and Prophecy and The Coming Four Blood Moons
5. Increased wickedness & loss of love
“And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.” (Matthew 24:12) Today, more and more people are living primarily for themselves and their own happiness. The idea of denying themselves, taking up their crosses daily and following Jesus (Luke 9:23) is a foreign concept. What TV and movies show as 'normal' has affected the values of those who indulge in them. At the same time, couples are divorcing, and children are growing up with deep unmet needs as a result. Many couples are not even marrying but living together in fornication (any form of sex not sanctioned by God). The result has been the blood sacrifice (murder) of hundreds of millions of innocent, helpless children through abortion and the birthing of even more children who lack a healthy home where they can receive love and training from their own father and mother.
6. Return of the Fallen Angels and Hybrid Heroes
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward--when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. The were the heroes of old, men of renown. Genesis 6:4
The Nephilim are most likely a group of fallen angels who came to earth to corrupt mankind, since the Hebrew word for Nephilim in Genesis 6:4 is nephiyl, which comes from the word naphal, which means 'to fall'. Some have mated with human women to produce hybrid offspring, and they were giants who had the ability to lead millions of people away from the true God. Heroes of old comes from the Hebrew word gibbowr, which means a 'mighty man'. These were giants or rephaim (rapha in Hebrew), and archaeological evidence shows that they were sometimes up to 30 feet tall. Before the flood, angels and their hybrid offspring corrupted the whole earth. After the flood, they were perhaps not as large, but still powerful and evil in their influence. That is why God commanded Israel to totally wipe out all the nations of Canaan. The Bible mentions some of their tribal names: the Emim, the Anakim, the Horim, and Zamsummim. (See Num 13:33; Deuteronomy 3:11, 12:10-12; Joshua 4:15, 13:12, 1 Samuel 17:4-7; 2 Samuel 17:16-22.) Ancient texts and pictures from Egyptian, Greek and other cultures also talk of giants or men who were offspring of supernatural beings.
Jesus said, "as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man" (Luke 17:26). Thus, we can also expect the Nephilim as well as hybrid mighty beings to here before Jesus' return. In fact, they are already here, but they are not publicly disclosed through most official channels. However, a number of Christians have researched them, and eyewitnesses have testified of seeing them. The various types of sighted aliens are actually materialized fallen angels, and some men and women with great physical and/or persuasive powers are hybrid offspring. For more information click here.
7. Strong delusion
And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie. (2 Th. 2:11 NKJV)
The primary focus of the deception is use of the media by the Prince of the Power of the Air. TV, radio, Internet, cell phones, PDAs, etc. keep people completely preoccupied and oblivious to the fate that awaits unbelievers. The goal is also to prevent people from hearing the Gospel of Jesus, and if they do hear it to forget about it and be entertained constantly. Most people in developed countries are now in a fog due to the impact of these mediums that lull them into a false sense of security and into a false sense of right and wrong. This delusion can be seen in three areas:
- Spiritually, the Emerging Church has become so pervasive that most churches in developed countries will tolerate abortion (murder), fornication (premarital sex, adultery, homosexuality) and almost any other violation of God's law. Just think: how many churches will excommunicate a person for involvement in these sins?
- Financially, many people are unaware that government / banking cartel partnership is stealing their wealth and using the funds to control the world. (See How Some Rich Bankers Tricked the American People and Gained Control of the World's Economic, Political, Legal and Educational Systems and 19 Reasons Why The Federal Reserve Is At the Heart of Our Economic Problems, 20 Questions To Ask Anyone Foolish Enough To Believe The Economic Crisis Is Over.) The stealing is done through the printing of fiat money (money not based on gold or silver but on debt), through interest on money that does not exist (due to fractional reserve banking laws) and through the saw tooth effect of markets that draws people into bad investments over a long period of time and then makes them lose large portions of their life savings when the markets drop. (See 200 Year Dow/Gold Ratio, and note how it became much more dramatic after the creation of the Federal Reserve System in 1913. See also Financial News Updates on this website.)
- Politically, most people are also unaware that the international banking cartel has taken over all governments and is quietly re-organizing borders and power centers throughout the world. Evidence of this can be seen in the 911 deception. Most Americans and those sympathetic to the US government think that airplanes caused three steel-frame buildings to fall down into their footprints at almost freefall speed, when this has never happened in all of known history. People who study the facts realize it was a very successful psyop, since jet fuel is not hot enough to do the job. It had to be done by controlled demolitions. This was probably part of a plan to cause a second Pearl Harbor and justify the US military getting a foothold in the Middle East and justify the US government in taking away many constitutional rights of the US people. (For more information, see http://www.question911.com/, http://911truthseekers.org and http://www.brasschecktv.com/.)
8. One world government
"And the fourth kingdom shall be as strong as iron, inasmuch as iron breaks in pieces and shatters everything: and like iron that crushes, that kingdom will break in pieces and crush all the others." (Daniel 2:40 NKJV)
See also Revelation 13 and the following links:
- Possible false flag alien invasion at time of chaos to motivate acceptance of NWO (April 9, 2012)
- Illuminati Behind Global Government (Feb. 7, 2012)
- VAN ROMPUY New EU president confirms Global Governance Began in 2009 with G20
- Ron Paul: They're Working On A One World Government! (Glen Beck Show,YouTube Feb. 26, 2009)
- Sarkozy, Merkel, Blair call for "New World Order" (January 8, 2009)
- Brown says time to build global society (Reuters, Nov. 10, 2008)
9. One world ruler and an assistant emerge
I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name. Now the beast which I saw was like a leopard, his feet were like the feet of a bear, and his mouth like the mouth of a lion. The dragon [Satan, or the devil] gave him his power, his throne, and great authority. And I saw one of his heads as if it had been mortally wounded, and his deadly wound was healed. And all the world marveled and followed the beast. So they worshiped the dragon who gave authority to the beast; and they worshiped the beast, saying, “Who is like the beast? Who is able to make war with him?” (Revelation 13:1-4)
It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. (Revelation 13:7,8)
Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. (2 Thessalonians 2:3,4,9-12)
Most religions expect a savior or a man who will bring world peace, justice and unity. Here are three examples:
- Muslims are waiting for the Mahdi or the 12th Imam. Iran's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has stated that his mandate is to pave the way for the coming of this Islamic messiah. A new Islamic film is out about this: The Coming Is Upon Us. An interview with Ken Timmerman about this in April 2011 reveals the current hope.
- Buddhists are waiting for the Buddha of compassion, Maitreya, or a world teacher and unifier, the 5th and coming Buddha of the present era. See also, Maitreya Rising
- Hindus are waiting for their completer and savior, Kalki, the name of Vishnu in his tenth and last avatar. According to the Usborne Encyclopedia of World Religions, "The tenth and last avatar has not yet appeared. It is said that at the end of the present age, Vishnu will come to Earth as Kalki, riding a white horse, to destroy the wicked and re-establish order."
A false prophet emerges to assist the world ruler and savior. “Then I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb and spoke like a dragon. And he exercises all the authority of the first beast in his presence, and causes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. He performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men. And he deceives those who dwell on the earth by those signs which he was granted to do in the sight of the beast, telling those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast who was wounded by the sword and lived. He was granted power to give breath to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.” (Revelation 13:11-15)
Muslims are waiting for Isa Bin Maryam (i.e., Jesus, the son of the virgin Mary) to appear with the Mahdi, praying behind him …Jews are still waiting for their Messiah, Emmanuel. Christians are waiting for the second coming of Jesus, but most no longer believe in the literal interpretation of the Bible, so many will be deceived.
Recently, the Roman Church has elected a new pope whom some people say will be the last pope and may be the beast out of the earth described in Rev. 13:11-15. See Has the Beast from the Earth Officially Arisen?
10. Technology to control the world
“He [the second beast] causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.” (Revelation 13:16-18)
Today, smart cards are popular, but they can be lost or stolen. It is likely that the eventual solution will be an implantable RFID chip or some form of high tech tatoo on the right hand or forehead. Already, 99% of commercial transactions in many countries are done without cash. Most paper money is not even backed by gold or silver anymore, so it’s value is purely psychological. When the current monetary system crashes, technology is available to redefine currency and commerce in a seamless way that people will want as a solution to their need for quick spending.
The Utah Data Center became fully operational on May 30, 2013. This was set up to intercept and store all the world’s information. This center may play a huge role in the coming 666 Surveillance System. For a long list of links related to the Mark of the Beast, see Technology to Control the World.